Points of interest
Ideally located in France and in Europe, at the confluence of two rivers – the Rhône and the Saône-Lyon boasts architectural, cultural and gastronomic treasures and many other attractions.
Run In Lyon will allow you to discover “the places to be” in the capital of the Gauls:
- The Parc de la Tête d’Or, through which the Marathon will pass, whose design was based on landscaped gardens. It features a 16-hectare lake which draws it water from an arm of the Rhône, as well as zoological gardens and a botanical garden. Discover the opening times here..
- The Parc de Gerland is ideal for leisure activities, sport and discovering the local fauna. It is made up of a huge playground, a promenade, family gardens, a skatepark and an artificial misting system. Discover the opening times here.
- The Halles de Lyon : it’s impossible to visit Lyon without a trip to Paul Bocuse! The Halles de Lyon, an institution set in an emblematic location in Lyon and France, invite you on a gastronomic journey that will turn your taste buds upside down.
More information here.
- The Opéra National de Lyon: renowned for its stunning architecture, this opera house, rebuilt in 1993 by Jean Nouvel, is part of the city's international heritage. More info here. Discover the programme here.
- The Musée des Confluences : at the confluence of the Rhone and the Saone rivers, the Musée des Confluences stands out for its remarkable architecture. This museum of natural and social history offers a complete collection based around 4 themes that retrace the history of the world and of mankind. Find out more here.
The tourist guide
During the race, you'll discover some of the capital of Gaul's most emblematic places, but that's not all! Lyon is full of history, anecdotes, and striking architectural sites.
Every moment of your race will be an opportunity to marvel at this city which is built around the Rhone and the Saone rivers. To enable you to find out more about what awaits you during your race, we've put together a tourist guide for you and your supporters.
Learn all about the points of interest along your route and the best places for your friends and family to come and cheer you on!
Lyon city card
To make the most of the city, we, in partnership with Only Lyon, have a special offer reserved for runners and their supporters.
-50% off your second Lyon City Card with the code RUNINLYON2023: enjoy free access to 24 museums and exhibitions, unlimited use of the entire TCL network, a brilliant guided tour of the city, a cruise on the Saone to discover Lyon from a different perspective, etc.
You can order yours here and discover all the activities!