Ideally located in France and in Europe, at the confluence of two rivers – the Rhône and the Saône-Lyon boasts architectural, cultural and gastronomic treasures and many other attractions.
Run In Lyon will allow you to discover “the places to be” in the capital of the Gauls:
- The Parc de la Tête d’Or, through which the Marathon will pass, whose design was based on landscaped gardens. It features a 16-hectare lake which draws it water from an arm of the Rhône, as well as zoological gardens and a botanical garden. Discover the opening times here..
- The Parc de Gerland is ideal for leisure activities, sport and discovering the local fauna. It is made up of a huge playground, a promenade, family gardens, a skatepark and an artificial misting system. Discover the opening times here.
- The Halles de Lyon : a prime location for your taste buds, the renowned institution for good food and an international benchmark for gourmets, the Halles de Lyon – Paul Bocuse are symbolic of Lyon and France’s gastronomic excellence. More information here.
- The Opéra National de Lyon: one of the finest examples of theatre architecture from the second half of the 20th century! Renovated in 1993 by Jean Nouvel, today the Opéra de Lyon is part of international architectural heritage. Discover the programme here.
- The Musée des Confluences, located at the confluence of the Rhône and the Saône, is a natural history and anthropology museum as well as the heir to the Guimet Museum in Lyon. Its defining values are bringing people and things together, a taste for exchanges and the insight that comes from having numerous perspectives. Find out more here.